The demands of non-structural firefighting situations such as urban search and rescue - and the specialised skills needed - have led to the design of garments specifically for those situations. These garments are designed to be used in confined spaces, but are equally adaptable for other technical rescue situations such as road traffic accidents. MSA Bristol USAR garments incorporate two layers – a flame retardant outer layer and a waterproof membrane - and are used widely both in the UK and overseas. In addition, the coat and trouser ensemble can be zipped together to form a one piece garment when needed. As it will potentially be used to rescue casualties, it features a two-layer construction incorporating a pathogen barrier.
- Short style coat
- Vented underarm panels
- Angled pockets and flaps
- Fully breathable through all layers
- Quilted padding on elbows
- Improved weatherproof seal over front zip
- Improved throat protection
- Knitted cuff with thumb loops
- Wrist straps to close hems on sleeves over gloves
- Pleated back
- Underarms gussets
- One - size zip used for all girth variations allowssizes to be mixed
- Elasticated side waist for comfort and fit
- “H” pattern adjustable braces with a webbing slide
- Large semi bellow cargo pockets
- Ergonomic curved knee shaping for increased protection
- Quilted foam padding with Kevlar
- Concealed zip in leg with gusset
- Horizontal zip for attachment to matching rescue coat
Approvals subject to change without notice and may differ based on configuration, part number and/or country.
Contact Customer Service or check approval label on product for specific approval information.
- EN16689:2017 Protective clothing for Technical Rescue