The ProtoNode is an external, high-performance, low-cost building automation and industrial control IIoT gateway for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) that provides manufacturers connectivity to the cloud and instant multi-protocol deployment of field protocols, enabling new or legacy devices to easily interface with other protocols. With two Ethernet ports, the ProtoNode FPC-N64 allows data to move seamlessly across disparate subnets and supports physical segmentation for Cloud connectivity, allowing for enhanced LAN security from the WAN/Cloud.
This product is protected by FieldSafe.
OEMs can enjoy the benefits of the cloud connectivity through the SMC Device Cloud. The ProtoNode is SMC Cloud-enabled, meaning all ProtoNodes can be registered to the SMC Device Cloud, Sierra Monitor’s device cloud for the IIoT. The SMC Cloud web interface lets users remotely access, in a secure fashion, the FS-GUI and custom web applications that are available locally on the ProtoNode. These applications offer functionality for configuration, monitoring, logging, security, diagnostics, and updates.
1. SMC DEVICE CLOUD SUPPORT
- Register your ProtoNode to the SMC Cloud interface for remote access to local applications, configuration, and device management
- Provide multiple protocol support for any protocol translation as a full-featured, field-programmable OEM protocol gateway solution
- Use the ProtoNode to translate between BACnet MS/TP and BACnet/IP protocols, reduce traffic over a BACnet network by providing fast data communication, and easily connect to remote BACnet networks
- Ensure interoperability between any industrial and/or building automation protocols with one or more of the 140+ protocols supported by Sierra Monitor
- Automatically discover known devices on the network and be configured to provide the protocol translation necessar
- Via DIP switches. Enable manufacturers to pre-load multiple predefined configuration
- OpenVPN allows users to remotely connect local software to their remote site ethernet devices via FieldServer for software updates and changes
- An SMC Cloud feature that allows users to view the web page on their remote device via the remote FieldServer
- This FieldServer feature assists users enter valuable site information to enable rich analytics when analyzing or diagnosing data from all sites via the SMC Cloud
- A rich Edge Gateway feature that enables manipulation of device data on the FieldServer to produce useful data using a JSON logic engine embedded in the FieldServer Gateway
Approvals subject to change without notice and may differ based on configuration, part number and/or country.
Contact Customer Service or check approval label on product for specific approval information.
- FieldServer Data Sheet – ProtoNode FPC-N64
- Start-Up Guide - ProtoNode FPC-N64
- FieldServer Data Sheet - ProtoNode FPC-N54
- Start-up Guide - ProtoNode FPC-N54
- FieldServer Data Sheet - ProtoNode
- Start-Up Guide - ProtoNode
- FieldServer Data Sheet - Family of IoT Gateways
- FieldServer Data Sheet – OpenVPN
- Start-Up Guide – OpenVPN
- FieldServer Data Sheet - BACnet Router PIC Statement
- FieldServer Manual - FieldServer Toolbox and Graphical User Interface
- Protocol Driver Sheet - Protocol Vertical Market